Thursday, December 1, 2011

Menu for the week of 11/28

Homemade turkey soup with broth from the turkey carcass


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! I'm a bit late this week on my menu plans.

Our grocery bill for November is higher than I had hoped - I spent a total of $494.94. In defense of my spending, some of that food is yet to be eaten: another lovely turkey in the freezer, string cheese, Wasa crackers, protein powder for my breakfast smoothies...  My husband survived November without spending any money on lunches! The boys sometimes had homemade lunches to take to school, but more often had hot lunch. We kept to my goal of $40 on school lunches.

Here is the menu plan for the week:

Monday: Sunday leftovers (mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans, salad, pumpkin pie)

Tuesday: homemade turkey and vegetable soup with broth from the turkey carcass, cornbread muffins

Wednesday: salami sandwiches on baguette, blackberries, chips, cranberry chocolate oatmeal cookies 

Thursday: beef fajitas

Friday: homemade pizza

Saturday: Mom's minestrone soup

Sunday: sandwiches

We're keeping it pretty simple this week. What are you eating at your house?

1 comment:

Jane said...

We are deviating from our menu due to illness. We are loading one kid up with vitamin C to get rid of this cold that has caused pink eye and possibly ear infection #3 for this season. The other kid is on the BRAT diet... OI!!!

your turkey soup looks delicious... I picked all the meat off my carcass and decided I didn't have the energy the next day. But I did put 6 cups of chopped turkey in the freezer for future use!