Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Menu for the week of 2/21


I'm a little behind on my getting my menu up for the week, but as you can see below, I didn't have to plan Monday or Tuesday night's dinner. I'm still getting used to managing my time with homeschool (we've finished 6 days and it's official; Scott has been withdrawn from public school), but I have to say, I really like it. And Scott loves it. I asked him tonight what the best part of his day was and he answered, "Homeschool."

With no further ado, here is the menu plan for the week.

Monday: spaghetti, breadsticks, green salad (invited out)

Tuesday: Blue and Gold Banquet (Cub Scout dinner)

Wednesday: Chicken stir fry with carrots, pea pods, bell peppers, celery, and broccoli with brown rice

Thursday: chicken rollatini stuffed with zucchini plus turkey dinner leftovers (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce)

Friday: homemade pizza and a big green salad

Saturday: Baked Mac n Cheese with Gruyère

Sunday: Chimichurri Flank Steak Fajitas

One of these nights for desserts, I'm going to make cocoa krispie parfaits: layer slices of strawberries, vanilla yogurt, bananas, and cocoa krispies. We were the recipients of several pounds of sugar cereal, and I intend to use them for dessert as much as I can, rather than breakfast:)

If you need additional tips for meal planning or menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: