Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snickerdoodle pumpkin ice cream sandwiches

These are so good that I forgot to take any pictures until we got to the last one!

I found the most beautiful and tempting photo on Pinterest from Pennies on a Platter and finally got around to making it. I did not follow the excellent instructions on making the ice cream just the right shape to turn out beautifully like the ones in her photo , but the flavor combination was delicious!

I have been making Snickerdoodles for quite a while and had a go-to recipe from Cooking Light. I bought pumpkin ice cream and just spread it between two cookies with a knife. We ate them right away and they were sooooo good. I did manage to get 2 sandwiches into the freezer overnight. They were good frozen, too!

What's your favorite fall treat?

P.S. You still have time to enter my digital scrapbooking givewaway. Entries close Saturday, 10/29, at midnight and the winner will be announced on Halloween.

No comments: