Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homemade pizza with rosemary garlic crust

Tonight I pulled out a recipe from my box called Emergency Pizza Crust! Dinner was easy and yummy. I didn't have to buy anything special from the store since I had flour, pizza sauce, cheese, and all the toppings on hand.
Here is what I did tonight:

3 c. flour (I split it between white and whole wheat)
1 pkg or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 T sugar (I used agave instead)
1 tsp salt
1 c. warm water
2 T oil
garlic powder
crushed rosemary

I threw it all in the breadmaker* and came back to it 45 minutes later, divided it in two**, rolled out, and added toppings. Tonight it was a little pepperoni, pineapple, red and green bell peppers, and one mushroom. I also did one that was half pineapple/half pepperoni and pineapple.

Baked at 405 degrees until the cheese on the edges was golden and the middle was melty, about 15 minutes.

I served it with romaine lettuce and cucumbers. Yum!

*If you don't have a breadmaker, just mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then the the water and oil. Mix and roll it out immediately if you're desperate OR if you have more time, let it rise for 30-45 minutes.

**I prefer thin, crispy crust which is what you get when you divide the recipe in two.

I'm linking up:

No comments: