Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Change of perspective

I was working on posting this on my facebook status:

Stuck at home with 4 kids, AND trying to clean/keep the house clean while my cleaning help is here, while waiting for the a/c people to come. 3 1/2 hours to go. Oh, and Scott "didn't see" Emily rolling around on the floor, tripped on her and then stepped on her. She was traumatized, but not injured. It's a special day. 

And then I remembered, it IS a special day. July 24 is the day people of my faith commemorate the arrival of the Mormon pioneers in the Salt Lake valley. My very small bumps in the way I hoped my day would go are slight inconveniences. I'm embarrassed by the ease of my life when I think of those faithful people, among them mothers who walked hundreds of miles pregnant, gave birth along the way, and often buried their tiny sweet babies as they journeyed towards "Zion". It is good to remember and put my life in perspective.


 

2 comments:

Paula E. Bird said...

After reading your day, I have to wonder how you find the time to write. Hang in there! I especially liked that you were trying to keep the house clean for your cleaning help. Funny how we do that. -- Paula Bird, http://teachsuzuki.blogspot.com

Rachel Rose Mercantile said...

Aweeee....you rock!