Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life is a special occasion



When I was a kid, there was nothing better in the world than mail. Our mailbox was at the end of our cul-de-sac, and I remember sitting on the porch with my brother, waiting for the mail to come. Once the postal truck moved on from our cluster of mailboxes, we'd race to the mailbox! There was sometimes mail with my name on it since I was a letter writer and had a lot of correspondents. When there wasn't, I'd beg my mom to let me open some of her mail, which seemed almost as good.


I still love mail, but I don't run to the mail box anymore. I rarely receive anything meaningful in the mail, unless it's a card from my mom. BUT, yesterday, I got a lovely package which I had forgotten was coming from my friend in real life, Queen Scarlett, and from Hallmark.

One of the cards in the package made me laugh out loud, and it has been a long time since a card made me do that. I don't tend to purchase greeting cards, as I usually find them either too cheesy, cliché, or offensive. I was pleasantly surprised by these cards.

Thank you, Queen Scarlett and Hallmark, for the cards and the t-shirt and for the excellent reminder to find joy in everyday moments.

No comments: