Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu for the week of 1/16

One of my favorite breakfasts-  an omelette!
In case anyone is counting down with me, I've got about 11 weeks to go before I hit my estimated date of arrival for our baby girl, Emily. When I went to the doctor right after Christmas, he looked at my weight, and said with a smile, "Looks like you had a very good Christmas!" He was right, and after the holidays, I was very ready to modify my eating.

When I lost my 30 lbs last year, in addition to regular cardio and resistance training, I was eating frequent, small meals and drinking about 96 oz. of water per day. Hydration and small meals are very much recommended for pregnant women, so I've been focusing more on that. I'm also trying to move a little bit every day, whether it be walking around the block, doing a pregnancy workout dvd, or simple resistance training.

On a typical day, I eat 5-6 small meals/snacks, about 2 hours apart. My plan for this week:

1st breakfast (7 am): Blueberry or banana oatmeal smoothie (1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/4 c oatmeal, 1/2 water, 6 big ice cubes, 1 sliced frozen banana OR 1/2 c frozen blueberries)

2nd breakfast (9 am): Omelette w/spinach, bell peppers, maybe ham

11sies: Clif builder bar and an orange

Lunch (1:30 pm) Tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat pita w/carrot sticks and pickles

Snack (3:30 pm): Homemade wasa crackers and a cheese stick with apple slices OR whole wheat pitas and hummus and grapes

Here are the dinner plans for the week (usually served between 5:30 and 6 pm):

Monday: Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with baked potato chips, pickles, carrot sticks, and grapes

Tuesday: Mexican salad w/lettuce, spinach, shredded chicken, black beans, salsa, corn, bell peppers

Wednesday: Chicken Enchilada Soup Edit: This was absolutely delicious and very easy! I had enough leftovers to put in the freezer for another day.

Thursday: Baked chicken, baked sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, green salad

Friday: Pita pizzas with homemade pizza sauce and various toppings: pineapple, cheese, bell peppers, tomatoes

Saturday: Shredded chicken flautas

Sunday: BLTs with avocado

I'd also like to try making this rosemary focaccia bread this week since I have feta cheese in my fridge to use.

Need any suggestions for your own menu plans this week? Try checking out orgjunkie.com's Meal Planning Monday party.

No comments: